Could you be our next Simple Sew Pattern Designer?
Calling all sewists! How would you like to make your design ideas come to life by entering our competition to create a brand-new pattern for Simple Sew! We’re opening up this exciting opportunity to sewists of all levels and asking them to submit their creative ideas and tell us the type of pattern that they would love to create. The chosen winner will help us design a brand-new pattern for our 2021 collection which will be exclusively available at Simple Sew. For your chance to be the next Simple Sew Pattern Designer, enter your ideas in the competition form below, giving as much detail about the pattern’s features and style, as well as why you could love to see this design in the Simple Sew range. The winner will be announced on Friday 6th November – good luck!
Tell us your ideas via the competition form below
Advice on submitting your ideas
When submitting your ideas, try and give as much detail as you can, including:
- Garment type (dress, top, skirt, trousers, jumpsuit etc.)
- The fit (semi-fitted, fitted, loose-fit, wide-leg, straight, body-con etc.)
- Style (e.g. wrap dress, dress with straps, trousers with zip, sleeve(less) etc.)
- Neckline (e.g. scoop, v-neck, scalloped, sweetheart etc.)
- Features (e.g. princess seams, tiered, panel, buttons, pockets)
Examples of entries
“fitted at the shoulder cardigan that gently flares out from the bust that finishes either at the hip or knee and have definitely have nice big pockets”
“fitted bodice with 4/5 large diagonal pleats from shoulder to waist with the option of either a pencil skirt or a trouser bottom”
“A comfy t-shirt with pretty details! The back is split into two panels a yoke piece that can be embellished with quilting embroidery or appliqué”
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition closes at 12 pm on 5 November, 2020. 2. Prize cannot be exchanged for their monetary value or other goods. 3. One winner will be selected from all entries received. 4. The competition is not open to Practical Publishing or any competition partner employees. 5. The winner will be contacted after the competition closes. 6. If the winning entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to stand that entrant down and select another winner. 7. Practical Publishing’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 8. Practical Publishing reserves the right to alter and/or cancel the competition without any prior warning. 9. All personal data submitted with consent will be kept only for the purpose of sending out the prize. 10. The competition is open to UK entrants aged 16 and over.
To see what our blogger team have been sewing, head over to our blog where you’ll find a range of hints and tips.